Regional Tourism Toolkits are workshops hosted and planned by Texas Forest Trail Region and other partners focusing on best practices of broader regional interest.
Community Tourism Toolkits are half or whole day Forest Trail-planned, but community-focused workshops providing best practices, everyday solutions, and problem solving for small businesses, heritage sites and museums, and preservation and tourism entities. Topics are developed by Texas Forest Trail staff based on the needs and desires for educational development of the local community.
Hosting a community toolkit is easy!
- Step 1: Join Texas Forest Trail Region as a Partner Member
- Step 2: Call our office at 936-560-3699 (or email us) to schedule your Toolkit with our Executive Director.
- Step 3: Let us walk you through the process of selecting a venue, planning hospitality and registration for attendees, and publicity, while we create a program customized to your community's relevant needs. That's it!
Regional Toolkit and Roundtable hosted with Texas Downtown Association
Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10 a.m.- 2:45 p.m.
Lanana Hall, 108 N. Lanana
Registration (includes lunch): $25 by May 16. Limited registration at the door available for $35.
- Does Your Festival or Event Make Cent$ : How to Conduct an Economic Analysis (and Why You Should)
- Looking for Funding in all the Right Places
- A Preservation and Downtown Development Case Study: The Annie Hoya Building from Condemnation to Cafe (includes site tour)
- Roundtable Topic Discussions on Public Sector Areas of Downtown Development: Restrooms, Parking, Wayfinding, Gathering Places, Community Gateways
Staying overnight? A special rate has been reserved at:
Comfort Suites, 3429 South Street
Rate: $85 + tax, includes hot breakfast
Call 936-560-9900 and mention "Texas Forest Trail" to receive rate.